ProtectMyID Review (Updated for 2012)
ProtectMyID, a leading, full-service provider of identity theft protection and fraud resolution, helps customers defend themselves against identity theft and the significant financial losses that come with it. ProtectMyID features easy-to-use, convenient products as well as reliable personal service.
Part of a family of online sites founded in 1995 that belong to ConsumerInfo.com, Inc., an Experian company, ProtectMyID offers consumers quick, easy, and inexpensive access to their credit history. Today ProtectMyID leads the industry in online consumer identity theft protection, credit monitoring, credit scores and credit reports, which it provides to millions of U.S. consumers.Visit Website
$1 for a 30-Day Trial
ProtectMyID's state-of-the-art identity theft protection system features the following services:
- Identity Theft Resolution
- The support and guidance of ProtectMyID's Identity Theft Resolution Agents will help to reduce the hassle and time-drain of dealing with identity theft.
- $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance
- Customers receive $1 million worth the zero-deductible insurance the moment they enroll in ProtectMyID's program, which offers coverage for illegal electronic fund transfers, lost wages, legal defense funds, and private investigator costs.
- Internet Scan
- ProtectMyID alerts customers if their Social Security, debit, or credit card numbers are exposed online.
- Address Safeguard
- ProtectMyID send customers a Surveillance Alert upon detecting a change of address.
- Credit Monitoring
- ProtectMyID monitors customers' credit reports every day. The company scans these reports for new accounts, medical collections, and other activity that might indicate risk to customers' identities.
- Lost Wallet
- ProtectMyID helps customers to cancel their credit cards, debit cards, and medical insurance cards in the event that they lose their wallet.
- ProtectMyID send customers timely Surveillance Alerts upon detection of credit activity in their child's name. The company will also aid in maintaining a clean credit slate for customers' children later in life.
- Medical Defense
- ProtectMyID informs customers when their medical insurance information has been stolen.
Cost and Cancellation
Customers can try ProtectMyID free for 30 days. The service costs $9.95 per month thereafter. Customers are not charged until after the 30-day trial period.
For an additional $6.95 per month customers can add ChildSecure to their ProtectMyID service.
ProtectMyID prides itself on its straightforward cancellation policy. Customers agree to pay membership fees in a timely manner using the payment method chosen by them during the enrollment process. Their membership is effective for the period covered by the membership fee and continues upon payment of the monthly or annual renewal fee.
If ProtectMyID changes the membership fee, customers will be notified by their preferred method during the enrollment process. Canceling too close to end of trial or renewal date may cause a processing delay and a charge to a customer's account. If customers are eligible for a refund, it can take seven (7) to ten (10) business days to be processed.
ProtectMyID offers assistance via telephone or email Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM on weekends (Pacific Time). The ProtectMyID website also features a helpful FAQ and Resource section.
ProtectMyID offers basic identity protection service at a reasonable cost. ProtectMyID does, however, make it relatively difficult for customers to qualify for its $1 million identity theft guarantee, because the company requires that customers report an identity theft incident within a specific amount of time but does not offer round-the-clock customer service. Should an event happen during customer service's off-hours, reporting it becomes difficult if not impossible. This reservation aside, however, ProtectMyID does offer a solid product at a reasonable price.Visit Website
$1 for a 30-Day Trial