IdentityEdge Review (Updated for 2012)
Committed to stopping criminals from compromising its members' identities and disrupting their lives, IdentityEdge strives to provide peace of mind with services that integrate and harness the power of the most advanced business-information resources and personnel to protect, alert, and personally assist members in the event of problems stemming from identity theft.
IdentityEdge strives to realize its mission by educating its members on their role and individual responsibility in preventing identity theft and by providing them the tools to manage their personal information.Visit Website
Credit Report Score for $1
By purchasing ID Restore customers receive the following services:
- CyberEdge Surveillance
- CyberEdge service monitors customers' bank account numbers, credit card numbers, name and address, driver's license, and Social Security numbers. When matches are found, customers are sent EdgeAlerts that provide all information found by CyberEdge Surveillance. The IdentityEdge team then works with customers to take the appropriate measures to prevent further loss or damage and to restore their identity.
- $1 Million InsuranceEdge
- IdentityEdge provides customers with a zero-deductible $1 million dollar identity theft insurance policy to reimburse them for any identity theft expenses. InsuranceEdge provides up to $1 million in coverage for funds stolen by unauthorized electronic funds transfer from an account in a customer's name, for legal fees, for miscellaneous expenses (up to $500 per week for a maximum of four weeks), and for wages lost while resolving a stolen identity event.
- EdgeAlerts provide early notification of personal-identification risk by e-mail, regular mail, or telephone.
- MoneyEdge Lost Wallet Protection enables customers to act quickly to limit the losses and damage to good credit that may occur in the event that a wallet is lost.
- IdentityEdge members are just a toll-free phone call away from full restoration services that include, should a customer wish it, Limited Power of Attorney (LPOA) to assist him or her in restoring his or her identity.
- Customer ServiceEdge
- IdentityEdge offers Online and Toll-Free Member Support and anytime online access to the IdentityEdge member dashboard, knowledgeable and accessible identity protection customer support reps, and 24/7 lost wallet support.
By purchasing ID Defense customers receive the following services (which include all the services listed under ID Restore):
- CriminalEdge searches all criminal records available on a monthly basis in order to provide customers with Criminal and Sex Offender Reports and Monitoring. This service identifies instances where a customer's identity has fallen into the clutches of unauthorized individuals and accused criminals.
- SSNEdge gives customers Social Security Number Tracker reports showing names, aliases, and address history associated with their Social Security numbers. This report allows customers to see if identity thieves have already used their Social Security Numbers under another name or identity.
- AddressEdge monitors Change of Address requests made in a customer's name. This allows a customer to see, for example, if an identity thief has processed a change of address in order to divert that customer's mail or to open an unauthorized account in his or her name.
- CreditEdge service also includes non-credit loan reports and monitoring that shows any payday loans or quick-cash loans that do not otherwise require a credit inquiry made to credit bureaus.
Pricing and Cancellation
- ID Restore - $9.99/month
- ID Defense - $14.00/month
Dissatisfied customers can cancel their membership with IdentityEdge at any time, but customers who purchase an annual membership can expect no refund once the annual membership is billed. Customers on the monthly plan who choose to cancel within the first 3 months will be ineligible for a refund. To submit a cancellation request customers must call 877-345-4394. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Central Time). Any other form of cancellation request is not honored.
- Phone: IdentityEdge members can call 877-345-4394 for all member service needs. Hours for phone support are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Central Time).
- Email: IdentityEdge can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
IdentityEdge provides two straightforward, affordable plans. Though its cancellation policy is not as generous as those of other identity theft companies, and though its customer service is limited to the work week, IdentityEdge does nonetheless provide an array of services that budget-minded consumers will find appealing.Visit Website
Credit Report Score for $1